"We are not equipped to face life alone, especially difficult aspects of life;
we are not equipped for it nor designed for it." -Susan Johnson
Working in various hospital settings, I have found that in conducting different groups, many of the group members experienced rapid growth and positive change in a short amount of time. In addition, in working with some of my own individual clients, I have found that many of them have issues that can be better addressed with the combination of individual therapy and group therapy.
I often prescribe group therapy for a potential client, either by itself or in combination with individual therapy. Group therapy can provide the following benefits:
- Lets the member know they are not the only one in the world experiencing that problem or symptom.
- Allows the member to get the emotional support from others in the group.
- Provides the member with important information.
- Allows members who have experienced the same problem to describe how they overcame the problem.
- Members gain more insight into their own behaviors.
I currently conduct an ongoing women’s group focusing on relationships.
This group meets every Thursday night from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at my office.
I also facilitate Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills and parenting groups in my office.
Please check with me for future groups and group availability.