Los Angeles Psychologist Dr. Vida Nikzad, Psy.D., LMFT
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
About Dr. Nikzad
Dr. Nikzad is a California licensed psychologist and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Los Angeles, who specializes in individual, couples, and family therapy. She brings to her clients a diverse background of counseling experience, professional training, and, most importantly, a focus on positive results for her clients. Dr. Nikzad is a Doctor of Psychology (Psy. D.), having served her internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.
In addition to her private practice, Dr. Nikzad has worked at various hospital settings and schools and she is currently working as staff psychologist at Betty Ford Center.
EMDR Certified Therapist
She has helped many individuals from different backgrounds and cultures resolve a wide variety of personal and professional problems.
Dr. Nikzad has brought families and couples together again. By using evidence-based specialized family therapy intervention strategies with individuals and families from widely different cultures and backgrounds, she has helped couples and families to replace bickering and conflict with love, effective communication, and real sharing.
Dr. Nikzad has extensive training and experience working with children who are having problems at home and/or at school for a variety of reasons. These problems can be mitigated and often eliminated by working with the child and his/her parents using a variety of techniques that are supported by evidence-based research.
Dr. Nikzad’s Professional Education, Training, and Licensure
- California State Licensure: Marriage and Family Therapist (#46549)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at California State University, Northridge
- Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at Phillips Graduate Institute, Encino, California
- Doctorate Degree in Psychology from California Graduate Institute of Chicago School of Professional Psychology, West Los Angeles, California
- Certificate of Graduation from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences
- EMDR Trained Therapist
- Marriage and Family Postgraduate Fellowship/ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Emotional Focused Couples Therapy Externship
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) skills training
- Prepare-Enrich program/skills training
- Social skills training for children/skills training
Dr. Nikzad’s Professional Memberships
- Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA)
All words that are spoken with my clients in my office or by phone will be kept strictly confidential. I hold the privacy and confidentiality of my clients and their family members of the utmost importance.
Dr. Nikzad’s Work with Clients From Other Cultures
Dr. Nikzad has helped many first- and second-generation immigrants to successfully cope with the challenge of living in a new country, facing daunting language and cultural barriers. For example, she has helped several families with immigration-related family issues. Dr. Nikzad also works with problems between generations, as parents and grandparents who have grown up in other countries often have conflicts with their children and grandchildren due to differing values and worldviews.
One of the most common comments made about Dr. Nikzad by her clients is that she "really cares," "does not judge me," and "respects my culture and values."
about me | individual psychotherapy for adults | therapy for children
philosophy | marriage counseling & couples therapy | group therapy | trauma
fees | location | therapy in english and farsi | contact
Dr. Vida Nikzad, Psy.D., LMFT
Licensed Psychologist (PSY23963)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Towers
8635 W 3rd St #1065
Los Angeles, CA 90048